This week, we talk accessibility pitfalls with Aaron Canon.
Aaron is the co-founder and chief accessibility engineer at Accessible360 — where he uses his experience as a blind developer to improve real-world accessibility for all citizens of the web.
He shares his first-hand experience on which practices work, which ones are bogus, where to focus our accessibility efforts, and which libraries provide the best starting point.
I learned a ton. You will too.
- Accessible360 — The digital accessibility company
- JAWS — The world’s most popular screen reader
- NVDA — Free, popular screen reader
- Aaron's YouTube channel
- Accessible360's YouTube channel
- Should I Use A Carousel?
- Reach UI — The accessible foundation of your React-based design system
- WebAIM: Screen Reader User Survey #7 Results
- ARIA Live Regions Screen Reader Demo | Video
- uBlock — A Fast and Efficient Ad Blocker. Easy on CPU and Memory.
Visit Gitprime.com/20patterns to get your free, printed copy of 20 Patterns to Watch for in Your Engineering Team. It's beautifully illustrated and guaranteed to improve your teams communication and productivity.
GitPrime aggregates historical git data into easy to understand insights and reports, to help make engineering teams more successful. Debug your development processes with objective data. Identify bottlenecks, compare trends, and keep a pulse on the health of your software teams.