Kent C Dodds is a blogger, podcaster, open sorcerer, and community builder that recently made the leap to full-time, self-employed educator.
Chantastic asks about the approach Kent took while developing his career PayPal, what he had to give up to stay focused, and what's changed now that he's independent.
They discuss learning by teaching, the importance of being consistent, avoiding the permission trap, and what it means to "increase the impact of your value".
- React Hooks: What's going to happen to render props? — on Kent's blog
- Kent's egghead.io instructor profile
- all-contributors — ✨ Recognize all contributors, not just the ones who push code ✨
- react-testing-library — 🐐 Simple and complete React DOM testing utilities that encourage good testing practices
- downshift — 🏎 Primitive to build simple, flexible, WAI-ARIA compliant enhanced input React components
- How I am so productive — on Kent's blog
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life
- Intentional Career Building — on Kent's blog
- 3 Minutes with Kent — A (week)daily podcast where I give 3 minute answers to YOUR questions about software development that you post on my "Ask Me Anything"
- TinyLetter by MailChimp — Email for people with something to say
- Angular Air
- Remote Workshops with Kent C Dodds — Learning shouldn't depend on location. Remote workshops with Kent are a valuable and effective way to level-up your skills as a web developer
Infinite Red has been designing, shipping and building web and mobile apps for 10 years.
They're experts in React Native and host North America's only React Native conference, Chain React, educating thousands of developers all over the world.
Start a new project with them, mention this show, and get two free tickets to the Chain React in Portland.
They're also a passionate advocate of remote work.
They believe you can build a thriving remote company without sacrificing culture.
Read the handbook on how to travel the road less commuted.
Get The Remote Work handbook at remote.infinite.red.