Houssein Djirdeh works with the Developer Relations team at Google, educating React developers on web application performance. He created the world best iPhone and Android app for Github — GitPoint.
Chantastic asks about his experience creating GitPoint (a fully featured GitHub client, built in React Native), what performance vernacular like
Web Workers mean, and common performance pitfalls and misunderstandings found in React apps.
They discuss the importance of limiting scope to ship a product, the performance value of Hooks, tools and automations you can use today, and which projects to follow for inspiration.
- Progressive React — How to build your React app so more people can use it
- Developer Relations — Evangelize Google technologies and passionately advocate for developers' needs.
- Houssein Djirdeh: Progressive React / React Boston 2018
- GitPoint — GitHub in your pocket 📱
- tti — Time to Interactive
- fmp — First Meaningful Paint
- fcp — First Contentful Paint
- fid — First Input Delay
- Web Worker
- Service Worker
- worker-dom — An in-progress (as in very-alpha) implementation of the DOM API intended to run within a Web Worker
- Lighthouse — An open-source, automated tool for improving the quality of web pages
- lighthousebot — Run Lighthouse in CI, as a web service, using Docker. Pass/Fail GH pull requests
- webpagetest.org — Run a free website speed test from multiple locations around the globe using real browsers (IE and Chrome) and at real consumer connection speeds
- bundlesize — Keep your bundle size in check
- web.dev — Get the web's modern capabilities on your own sites and apps with useful guidance and analysis from web.dev
- Prototyping Lighthouse Stack Packs
- developers.google.com — Build anything with Google
Infinite Red has been designing, shipping and building web and mobile apps for 10 years.
They're experts in React Native and host North America's only React Native conference, Chain React, educating thousands of developers all over the world.
Start a new project with them, mention this show, and get two free tickets to the Chain React in Portland.
They're also a passionate advocate of remote work.
They believe you can build a thriving remote company without sacrificing culture.
Read the handbook on how to travel the road less commuted.
Get The Remote Work handbook at remote.infinite.red.