Typescript. What is it? How does it help you write better code? Will it help you sleep better at night?
Jared is a lead engineer at The Palmer Group, a strategy, design, and engineering firm. There he uses TypeScript every day to keep code sturdy and maintainable.
Chantastic asks Jared what we need to know to get a little TypeScript into our apps. They discuss the joys and pains of Typescript in 2019 and how it compares to languages like Reason, Ocaml, Fable, and Elm.
Notes & Links
- Moving To React Suspense - Jared Palmer - React Conf 2018
- The State of the Octoverse: top programming languages of 2018
- Build Your Own Formik Using React Hooks with Jared Palmer (*egghead membership required)
- Adding TypeScript to Create React App
- [RFC] Migrate Jest to TypeScript
- tsdx — Zero-config TypeScript package development
- Ocaml — OCaml is an industrial strength programming language supporting functional, imperative and object-oriented styles
- Swagger Codegen
- Palantir Technologies — All the TypeScript projects
- Shopify Polaris — Our design system helps us work together to build a great experience for all of Shopify’s merchants.
Linode : Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Get a server running in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location.
Get a $20 credit when you visit: linode.com/react and use promo code: react2019 at checkout